Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Center for Resilience

The Center for Resilience focuses on teaching students how to take care of themselves such as learning techniques to help them fall asleep. They also learn how to take care of others. The main goal of the program is to teach students how to be mindful, to know themselves and know their surroundings.  The students also learn how to empower themselves by doing self-motivation.

The videos were very interesting because watching their testimonies reminded me of how I learned to be my own cheerleader. By the students learning how to be mindful, they change negative behaviors and turn them into positives. One of the teachers mentioned a student who is not good in math. She taught him how to motivate himself by counting with his fingers “I CAN DO THIS”.


As a result, students exercise at home the things they learned in school. When times get difficult, students learn how to not give up with the positive skills learned through The Center for Resilience. I wish I knew about programs like this when I was in middle school, it would have definitely helped with my behavior. 

No comments:

Post a Comment