Wednesday, October 5, 2016

A PHILOSOPHY OF YOUTH WORK

Taking the ideology reminded me that I have been promoting positive youth values since 2009. I have always felt that I have the power to change the lives of individuals who believe they are not capable of accomplishing their dreams. Even though I have always felt that I could help others, I felt alone because I believed that I was the only person that wanted to help the youth. My purpose in life is to help youth and even adults to find their talents, have positive attitudes towards themselves, and learn the importance of giving back to their community. At this point in my life, I am very proud of myself for promoting positive values. I believe that everyone has a hidden talent, and my talent is to give back and motivate others to overcome their life struggles.
A question that I thought was interesting from the ideology horoscope is “How can adults and youth work together to negotiate, and make meaning of their worlds? How can they together make the world a better place for all players? I believe that adults need to learn how to respect and understand the youth because they focus on their age and not on their intelligence and interests. I believe that we can all work to make the world a better place by listening, understanding each other and respecting the values of others. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Yinelly!
    Damn promoting positive values for youth since 2009?! That's wonderful. Started you early. I would say in your time as a pageant girl, you took on the promotion of positive youth values. Every pageant queen or contestant is running with some sort of platform (at least the meaningful ones), and you have a strong perspective for this kind of ideology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this and cannot help but smile. Teaching dance since I was young has always made me want to work with youth the way others worked with me. Finding and honing in on others talents is such a fun experience.

    Your pageant work will only help you accomplish more and more with youth. They are already seeing you as a role model!

    ReplyDelete