Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Nakkula

1.    Defiance
2.    Adversary
3.    Pedagogies
4.    Endeavors
5.    Photosynthesis
6.    Construct
7.    Implicit theories
8.    Scaffolding
9.    Proximal development
10. Constructionist metaphor

1.    My mother
2.    My father
3.    My friend and mentor Jose
4.    High school Tack and friend coach, Coach Lipa
5.    My friends
6.    Cousin Kim
7.    Pageant directors





     My parents will always be my heroes and the reason why I push myself to do my best.  Sometimes we need other individuals to teach us a lesson so we can learn how far we can push ourselves. Someone who helped me change my life around was my High School track coach, Coach Lipa. When I joined the track team back in 2007, I was very irresponsible, did not like going to school and did not have any priorities.  Coach Lipa always gave her all when she coached my team because she wanted everyone to do their best. Coach Lipa noticed that I was not taking school or the team serious so she told me if I did not get it together, I was no longer going to be part of the team. I noticed how happy she would get seeing all her athletes in the honor roll every semester. This showed that all her athletes had discipline and it made her feel proud.  It took me a few months to get it together, but I did it. I began going to school and track practice every day. Then, I made it to the honor roll almost every semester and also got recognized for having a perfect attendance. During track practice, I worked really hard and coach Lipa noticed my dedication.  I will always be thankful for coach Lipa teaching me the importance of being respectful, dedicated and punctual. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Yinelly!

    Thank you for sharing your story, I really enjoyed reading about it! I'm very glad that you had a mentor that inspired you the way that Coach Lipa did. It was great to hear that you got back on track (lol) with school and your track team! It's people like Coach Lipa that stay with us forever!

    Congrats on your success,
    Ryan Ross

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad that you had Coach Lipa to help motivate you, I'm sure they would be so proud to know that this has stayed with you. I really enjoyed reading your blog

    ReplyDelete